First Annual Central Arkansas ACS Homebrew Competition
Time & Location
About the Event
The Central Arkansas Section of the American Chemical Society will be hosting the First Annual Homebrew Competition on March 14, 2021, from 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM at The Rail Yard in Little Rock, AR.
We are calling on all homebrewing scientists to enter the competition (Academia and Industry, and all STEM disciplines). To enter the competition, complete the entry form by February 23rd. Once that is done, brew your favorite beverage (only non-commercially brewed beverages accepted) and show up on the 14th of March for the competition. We will have a 1st Place for Beer and Other Brewed Beverages, as chosen by a panel of experts, as well as a People’s Choice Award - each prize will be $150. We will also recognize 2nd and 3rd places in these categories.
The Rail Yard is a family and pet friendly venue so please invite your friends and family.
Tickets purchased online or with a credit/debit card will be $16 (professionals) and $11 (college students use coupon code STUDENTS to receive your discount). Tickets purchased the day of the event in cash will be $15 (professionals) and $10 (college students). Proceeds will be used to provide food and non-alcoholic beverages to attendees. Samples of the homebrews will be available for those over 21 years of age. All alcoholic purchases from The Rail Yard will be at the consumers own expense.
· All competitors must complete the entry form by February 23rd.
· Only non-commercially brewed beverages accepted.
· 6 pk of 12 oz bottles should be available for tasting.
· De-label bottles, no writing on caps.
· Complete 6 bottle tags as seen on page 2. Rubber bands will be provided at the event to attach the tags.
· Drop-off your brews with Faith Yarberry at the gate on the day of the event.
If you have questions, email Faith Yarberry at email@example.com.
- Home Brewing Competition$16$160$0